The Indiana State Music Teachers Conference is fast approaching – Friday and Saturday, September 29-30. We are excited to have it this year at Indiana Wesleyan University and the faculty there, Phoenix Park-Kim and Daniel Lin as co-chairs have been working tirelessly along with the rest of the conference committee to bring you a great conference!
Due to some technical issues with the online registration this past weekend, the early-bird registration deadline has been extended from September 18 to September 20. In order to be included in the meals (Friday night banquet and Saturday luncheon), you must register by midnight EST on September 20.
After the 20th, there will be no meals included and the fee will increase to $95.
Register now by clicking here.
Conference highlights include:
- Kevin Olson, featured pedagogy clinician
- Aviram Reichert, guest performing artist
- Marc Wooldridge, 2017 Commissioned Composer (with a performance featuring the IWU Percussion Ensemble!)
- Masterclasses for Intermediate AND Advanced students
- Lightning Talks (an hour of 5-minute topics, guaranteed to showcase something for everyone!)
- 2017 Hoosier Auditions and Opus Composition Festival Winners
- Sessions and Discussion Forums geared specifically toward Independent Teachers, Collegiate Faculty, AND Collegiate Students
- Shopping opportunities from Dave’s Music Den
- A guaranteed reason to spend time with friends and colleagues from around the state (and beyond!)
- To register, you will be prompted to open an IRIS account. This is a safe and quick process. You will simply need to create a username and password.
- Collegiate students have the option of attending the conference for free (with no meals). Please note, students DO need to register for the conference so they can receive name tags and other important materials. As noted, they may also attend meals for the cost of $25, if registered by 09.20.17.
- You WILL have the option of selecting dietary restrictions in the registration process.
- For your records, a receipt WILL be generated upon the completion of your registration.
- Any further conference-related questions can be directed to DJ Smith, IMTA Conference Liaison, email@example.com.
Join your colleagues from all over the great Hoosier State for a time of learning and camaraderie!