The conference committee is seeking proposal submissions for the 2018 Indiana Music Teachers Association State Conference to be held at Sweetwater Sound located in Fort Wayne on Friday and Saturday, October 5-6, 2018.
Proposals on all aspects of music teaching including teaching, learning, creation, performance, scholarship, career considerations, and other areas of interest to independent and college music teachers are welcome.
Full sessions are 50 min. in length including 5 min. Q&A time.
Lightning sessions are 7 min. in length including 2 min. Q&A time.
Submission deadline: May 1, 2018.
Notification: The first presenter listed on the proposal will be notified by email of the committee’s decision no later than June 30, 2018.
- Membership in IMTA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session.
- Participants must be willing to present on either day of the conference, should their proposals be accepted.
- Conference presenters are not compensated or reimbursed for expenses and must pay published conference fees.
- Electronic submissions are required with attached bio and photo (headshot) of the presenter(s).
One of the sessions at the conference will be comprised of several smaller lightning talks.
- Lightning talks are lively lectures or demonstrations with a hard time limit of 5 minutes.
- The goal is to make your point clearly and rid your presentation of non-critical information.
- Visual aids such as PowerPoint, Keynote Presentations, Video Clips, etc., are optional but encouraged. Keep slides simple and to the point.
- If you are not using visual aids, your name, as well as the title of your presentation will be displayed.
For questions regarding the IMTA State Conference or proposals, please contact IMTA Conference Liaison, D.J. Smith.
Online Submission Form