The Indiana Music Teachers Association is pleased to announce its 2013 Conference at Butler University, Indianapolis. The conference will take place November 1-2, 2013.
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals on all aspects of music teaching, learning, creation, performance, pedagogy, technology, scholarship, career considerations, entrepreneurship, and other areas of interest to independent and college music teachers.
- Membership in IMTA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session.
- Participants must be willing to present on either day of the conference should their proposals be accepted.
- Electronic submissions are required.
- Conference sessions are generally 50 minutes including Q & A time.
- Complete proposals include the following:
- Name, institutional affiliation if applicable, email, mailing address, telephone.
- The proposal title.
- The proposal format: paper, performance, composition, workshop, or lecture-recital.
- An abstract from 200 – 500 words.
- A brief biography of all involved persons (250 word maximum per person).
- A list of required audio-visual equipment.
Proposals must be submitted by 12:00 midnight EST on Monday, April 1, 2013.
Submit proposals online at http://indmta.org/callforProposals.htm