Deadline: June 1, 2014
The Indiana Music Teachers Association is pleased to announce its 2014 Conference at Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. The conference will take place on November 7-8.
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals on all aspects of music teaching, learning, creation, performance, scholarship, career considerations, and other areas of interest to independent and college music teachers.
- Membership in IMTA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session
- Participants must be willing to present on either day of the conference should their proposals be accepted
- Conference presenters are not compensated or reimbursed for expenses, and must pay published Conference fees.
- Electronic submissions are required with attached bio and Jpeg photo (headshot) of presenter/s
- Conference sessions are generally 50 minutes including Q & A time
- Complete proposals include the following:
- Name, institutional affiliation if applicable, email, mailing address, telephone
- The proposal title
- The proposal format: paper, performance, composition, workshop, or lecture-recital
- An abstract of 250 words or less
- A brief biography of all involved persons (250 word maximum per person)
- Equipment needs
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Proposals must be submitted by 12:00 midnight EST on Sunday, June 1, 2014.
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: You will be notified by email no later than July 1, 2014
IMTA Conference Chair