9/09/2016 update: Submissions for the 2016 Conferences are no longer being accepted.
Call for 2016 Conference Proposals!
The deadline for proposals for the 2016 IMTA State Conference at Goshen College has been extended to Monday, June 6, 2016.
The 2016 conference will take place on September 30th and October 1st in the Goshen College Music Center.
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals on all aspects of music teaching, learning, creation, performance, scholarship, career considerations, and other areas of interest to independent and college music teachers.
- Membership in IMTA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session
- Participants must be willing to present on either day of the conference, should their proposals be accepted
- Conference presenters are not compensated or reimbursed for expenses, and must pay published Conference fees
- Electronic submissions are required with attached bio and Jpeg photo (headshot) of presenter(s)
- Conference sessions are generally 50 minutes including Q & A time
Complete proposals include the following:
1. Name, institutional affiliation, if applicable, email, mailing address, telephone
2. The proposal title
3. The proposal format: paper, performance, composition, workshop, or lecture-recital
4. An abstract of 250 words or less
5. A brief biography of all involved persons (250 word maximum per person)
6. Equipment needs
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Proposals must be submitted by 12:00 midnight, EST, on Monday, June 6, 2016.
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: You will be notified by email no later than July 1, 2016
SUBMIT TO: Beverly Lapp, IMTA Conference Onsite Chair, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org