Deadline: June 1, 2011
The Indiana Music Teachers Association is pleased to announce its 2011 Conference at Indiana University, Bloomington. The conference will take place October 21-22, 2011.
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals on all aspects of music and music. Proposals on all aspects of music teaching, learning, creation, performance, scholarship, career considerations, and other areas of interest to independent and college music teachers are especially encouraged.
· Membership in IMTA is not a requirement to submit a proposal or present a session.
· Participants must be willing to present on either day of the conference should their proposals be accepted.
· In the spirit of professional community, all persons whose work is selected for inclusion on the program must register for the full conference.
· Electronic submissions are required.
· Conference sessions are generally 50 minutes including Q & A time.
· Complete proposals include the following:
1. Name, institutional affiliation if applicable, email, mailing address, telephone.
2. The proposal title.
3. The proposal format: paper, performance, composition, workshop, or lecture-recital.
4. An abstract from 200 – 500 words.
5. A brief biography of all involved persons (250 word maximum per person).
6. A list of required audio-visual equipment.
Proposals must be submitted by 12:00 midnight EST on Wednesday, June 1, 2011.
Cheryl Everett, IMTA Conference Chair